Rule 60: Reservations
- Full Text
- Standard Format of Electronic Rules
- Restricted Items
- Application of Tariff
- Classes of Service
- Special Airport Lounge Facilities
- Refusal to Transport - Limitations of Carrier
- Passenger Expenses En Route
- Administrative Formalities - Passports, Visas, and Tourist Cards
- Liability of Carriers
- Service Animals
- Returned Check Charge
- Revised Routings, Failure to Carry, and Missed Connections
- Schedules, Delays, and Cancellation of Flights
- Denied Boarding Compensation
- Amenities/Services for Delayed Passengers
- Acceptance of Baggage
- Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Acceptance of Pets and Animals
- Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Baggage Allowance
- Excess Baggage Charges
- Excess Value Charges for Baggage
- Acceptance of Children
- Free and Reduced Rate Transportation for Agents
- Free and Reduced Fare Transportation for Tour Conductors
- Passengers On Stretchers
- Passengers Occupying Two Seats
A ticket will be valid only for flight(s) for which reservation(s) shall have been made, and only between the points named on the ticket or applicable flight coupons. A passenger holding an unused open-date ticket or portion thereof or exchange order for onward travel, or who wishes to change his ticketed reservations to another date, shall not be entitled to any preferential right with respect to the obtaining of reservations.
Conditions of Reservations
A reservation of space on a given flight is valid when the availability and allocation of such space is confirmed by a reservations agent of the carrier or confirmed through the carrier’s website and entered in the carrier's electronic reservations system. Subject to payment or satisfactory credit arrangements, a validated ticket will be issued by the carrier indicating such confirmed space, provided passenger applies to carrier for such ticket at least 120 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure time of the flight to which such reservation applies. Such reservation of space is subject to cancellation by the carrier without notice if the passenger has not obtained a validated ticket specifying thereon his confirmed reserved space at least 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight to which such reservation applies.
Note: Notwithstanding the above, a passenger holding a valid ticket for a confirmed reservation shall be considered to have confirmed reserved space, whether or not there is a record of his reservation in the carrier's reservations system.
Exception 1: If the passenger agrees to obtain a validated ticket issued by the carrier indicating such confirmed space at a time greater than 120 minutes prior to scheduled departure time of the flight to which such reservation applies, such earlier time limit will be entered into the carrier's electronic reservations system. The reservation for such passenger is subject to cancellation by the carrier without notice if the passenger has not obtained a validated ticket specifying thereon his confirmed reserved space prior to the agreed time in advance of the scheduled departure of the flight to which such reservation applies.
Exception 2: Where other rules contained herein provide for issuance, validation or purchase of a ticket more than 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight to which a reservation applies, the advance ticketing limit specified in such other rules will apply.
Cancellation of Reservations
- HA has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any passenger whenever such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation, upon any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond HA's control, including force majeure events.
- HA has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) due to the passenger's failure to comply with the rules set forth herein, including but not limited to, the passenger's failure to pay for the applicable ticket under the conditions applicable to the fare for such travel.
Failure to Occupy Space
If a passenger fails to occupy space which has been reserved on an HA flight and the passenger does not provide HA notice of the cancellation of the reservation before the departure, or if any carrier cancels the reservation of any passenger because they failed to provide notice to the carrier, HA may cancel all reservations (whether or not confirmed) held by such passenger on the flights of HA or any carrier for continuing or return space.
Airport Check-In Time Limits
HA has the right to refuse the acceptance of checked baggage and cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any passenger who fails to present themselves for check-in within the following time limits preceding scheduled departure time of applicable flights.
- HA recommends that passengers check-in baggage at least 3 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
Passengers must adhere to the following minimum
- Passengers required to purchase tickets must do so at least 120 minutes prior to scheduled departure otherwise HA may cancel reservations of tickets not yet purchased;
- Baggage must be checked no later than 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure otherwise HA reserves the right to refuse to accept such baggage;
- Reservations may be canceled if a passenger fails to check-in and obtain a boarding pass at least 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure; and
- Reservations may also be canceled if a passenger
is not present at the boarding gate for boarding or
on the aircraft at least 30 minutes prior to the
scheduled departure time of the flight, even if
he/she is already checked in for the flight at the
designated area for check-in.
- NOTE: The time limits provided by HA in this Rule are minimum time requirements. Due to lengthy TSA security screening checkpoint waiting times, earlier arrivals are recommended. Passenger and baggage processing time may differ from airport to airport. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ascertain the departure airport’s time requirements for security screening so that the passenger complies with HA minimum time limits.
- HA reserves the right to close the aircraft doors ten minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- HA is not liable for any consequential, compensatory, or
other damages when it cancels reservations (whether or not
confirmed) of any passenger in accordance with this Rule,
- If such reservation was canceled according to paragraph A) of this Rule, HA will take such action as is provided in Rule 85.
- If such reservation was canceled according to other paragraphs of this Rule, HA will refund in accordance with Rule 90 only to the extent the passenger has paid.
All of HA’s flights are subject to overbooking which could result in HA's inability to provide previously confirmed reserved space for a given flight or for the class of service reserved. In that event, HA’s obligation to the passenger is governed by Rule 87.
- Reservations made through HA’s Reservations Call Center,
Airport Ticket Counters located within the United States and
American Samoa (PPG), and HA Ticket Office in Papeete (PPT)
will be subject to non-refundable surcharge that will apply
per ticketed passenger. The following surcharges will be
charged in addition to any other applicable fees or
additional fare collection, and do not apply to irregular
operations or schedule change situations:
Ticketing surcharge for all reservations excluding Frequent Flyer award redemption:
- Ticketed by HA Reservations Call Center: 25.00 USD
- Ticketed by HA Airport Ticket Counters located within the US: 35.00 USD
- Ticketed by HA Airport Ticket Counters in PPG: 25.00 USD
- Ticketed by HA Ticket Office in Papeete (PPT): 4,000 XPF